How to Run a Car Wash Fundraiser
If you have a Spring, Summer or Fall activity or sport, a car wash is one of the simplest fundraising events to organize and is well-suited for middle school and high school boys and girls to participate in – as well as volunteer parents!
Quick Steps to Get You Started:
- Pick a place – Often times a corner of the school parking lot works well, if that is not an option, a centrally located grocery store with a large lot, or big box store may be a great venue. Make sure you ask in advance about water hook up and hoses, etc. Clearly communicate that you will be bringing the car wash supplies, soap, towels, buckets, etc.
- Pick your date – Again a late Spring Saturday or a Fall Saturday are perfect times to host a car wash. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, and you will have a sunny day to host a car wash from 10:00am – 4:00pm.
- Publicize in advance – Send emails and flyers out to team parents, family, and friends to sell tickets in advance. This is a great way to build momentum and excitement for the event – plus it jump-starts the fundraising. Make sure you are giving credit to the host site and their generosity for allowing you to use their parking lot, water hook up, and for running the car wash.
- Publicize on the day – Station two team members with large posters/sandwich board at key corners/intersections to help direct traffic to the car wash.
- Price – Charge $20 per car to have the kids wash and dry the vehicle.
Have fun! If you have an Inspire.World store site, consider using it to purchase supplies for the car wash. Remember we’re here to help!
Photo credit : "Christmas Eve in Central Florida" by Rusty Clark ~ 100K Photos is licensed under CC BY 2.0